Part I Architectural Assistant
MW Architects are looking for a Part I Architectural Assistant to join their vibrant studio in central London!
We have an exciting opportunity for a Part I to become an integral part of our team giving you the opportunity to gain large amounts of experience across all RIBA stages from initial design to experience on site. Focusing mainly on the high end residential market that thrives here in London, there is the opportunity for you to play an integral role in our design process. Assisting our architects with the day to day running of projects you will also be given the opportunity to flourish as an individual leading on competition entries.
As the perfect candidate you will ideally be an enthusiastic, hard working individual having recently gained your Part I qualification ready to join our team for a minimum of 9 months. You will comparable of competently working as both part of a team and individually when you are required to do so, taking initiative to deliver the best work you are capable of. As a Part I at MW Architects you will be required to have excellent visual and graphic skills, fluent in the Adobe Creative Suite, as well as excellent architectural design skills. As a practice we use BIM to assist us throughout the architectural process, therefore experience using 3D modelling software is essential, with experience using Archicad being an added bonus. We also produce all of our own in house renders using CineRender by Maxon so experience with rendering will also be an added benefit to your application.
Essential Skills Required;
- Excellent design and aesthetic awareness
- Experience producing content for social media
- Fluent in both spoken and written English
- Productive both as a team and an individual
- A desire to work on competition entries, producing unique designs
- Interest in learning and developing knowledge of all RIBA stages
- Strong graphic, visualisation and layout skills
- Experience using Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, InDesign and Illustrator)
- Previous 3D modelling experience
- Fluent using MacOS
- Videography skills
- Experience rendering using CineRender
- Experience using Archicad
Benefits of working at MW Architects;
- Valuable and insightful experience across all work stage
- Competitive salary
- Health insurance
How to apply;
If you think you would fit well into the MW Architects team then please send your CV, covering letter and a short portfolio of your work to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject 'Part 1 - August 2018' (please ensure the file size is less than 5mb and in pdf format as otherwise we won’t receive it!)